Friday, March 5, 2010

Haiti picks coming soon

Been meaning to get some great photos Phil was able to take while he was in Haiti posted but it has been non-stop since he got home.  We will transfer them to the computer and hopefully post them this weekend.  He was so glad for the opportunity to go, but at the same time we are sad about the huge continued need there and the lack of media coverage now.  Phil said there are many supplies, meds, etc. that have been generously donated and sent but a lot of it has not been distributed.  I will describe more of the trip as soon as we get the photos up.

Today was one of those "not good parent days" . . . . Got called to the principals office with Preston - I was horrified.  I would have rather heard he was disruptive in class, had punched someone - anything other than what I heard . They said that a couple of boys had gotten very upset and hurt because Preston was not treating them kindly.  The one thing above all that I try to teach them - I have cried all day.  Then, to top it off, I caught my precious daughter in a lie.  After two hours of explaining the importance of always telling the truth, owning up, being honest, and even explaining about Pinnochio's noise growing she finally came clean.  I am exhausted and sad.  At least it is Friday . . . life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment